Kelly and Neil believe that the Town Board should be a resource committed to benefitting Groton residents. Come and share your thoughts about the challenges facing Groton and your hopes for Groton’s future.
I love the beauty and rural character of Groton and I am grateful to those who have preserved the land. I will serve Groton residents with energy, commitment, and integrity. I will work to preserve our peaceful and clean environment for all those who live here.
- Business management and leadership skills
- Lifetime of community service
- Work with youth as a Sunday school teacher and in the Ithaca school district
Groton is at a crossroads. We have important choices before us. We can choose to build our economic strengths while preseving the rural character we cherish or we can choose the short-term gains from fracking while paying a staggering long-term economic and environmental price.
I will build on Groton’s strengths to:
- Promote local businesses and new opportunities in green technologies
- Protect our town by limiting heavy industry
- Maintain opportunities for youth recreation
I will lead us down a path toward sensible noise regulations so that residents can enjoy the peace and quiet of their own homes instead of noise from sound systems miles away. I will improve residents’ access to a more transparent and open government, in which discussions and work meetings are held in public.
I look forward to speaking with you about our hopes for Groton’s future. I want to hear from you. Please let me know what you want for Groton’s future and what issues concern you. How can we work together to maintain Groton’s peaceful rural character while creating a more vital economy?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Groton native, I love the beauty of our countryside and will strive to preserve our surroundings, strengthen our community, and revitalize our streets. I will serve this town with honesty and integrity, working to protect all that is great about Groton and to improve what could be better.
I bring the following experience:
- Longterm knowledge of the community and its changes and challenges
- Background in finance and excellent attention to detail
- Information and service skills
With the possibility of large-scale industrialization brought by high-volume hydraulic fracturing (fracking) on the horizon, the inertia of our current town board will lead to drastic changes in our way of life. I will vote to ban fracking and will do everything possible to protect Groton’s water, land, and quality of life.
I will work to protect Groton’s assets:
- Preserve our rural nature
- Ensure affordable housing
- Support the Youth Recreation Program
- Promote services available in other parts of Tompkins county
I promise to:
- Control heavy industry
- Promote green jobs, solar initiaves, and energy efficiency
- Address community issues, such as noise abatement, loss of businesses, and crime prevention
- Establish a productive, inclusive, and transparent open government
I will work to improve:
- Groton’s infrastructure, including roads and snow removal
- Access to high-speed internet
- Availability of community and local business news
I want to hear from you. What issues most concern you? What can we do to help Groton thrive? Please contact me to share your thoughts or to help my campaign.
Email me at KellyInGroton@gmail.com
Kelly Smith and Neil Snyder are running for the Groton town board. They represent a real opportunity for creating a town board that is responsive to people’s needs. Come meet them and discuss your hopes and concerns for Groton at a potluck dinner on Sunday, September 8 at 5:30pm at Mike & Jen’s house. Contact us for directions. If the weather is nice we will also have an outdoor showing of Triple Divide, which documents the effects of fracking in Pennsylvania.
We hope to see you there!