As a Groton native, I love the beauty of our countryside and will strive to preserve our surroundings, strengthen our community, and revitalize our streets. I will serve this town with honesty and integrity, working to protect all that is great about Groton and to improve what could be better.
I bring the following experience:
- Longterm knowledge of the community and its changes and challenges
- Background in finance and excellent attention to detail
- Information and service skills
With the possibility of large-scale industrialization brought by high-volume hydraulic fracturing (fracking) on the horizon, the inertia of our current town board will lead to drastic changes in our way of life. I will vote to ban fracking and will do everything possible to protect Groton’s water, land, and quality of life.
I will work to protect Groton’s assets:
- Preserve our rural nature
- Ensure affordable housing
- Support the Youth Recreation Program
- Promote services available in other parts of Tompkins county
I promise to:
- Control heavy industry
- Promote green jobs, solar initiatives, and energy efficiency
- Address community issues, such as noise abatement, loss of businesses, and crime prevention
- Establish a productive, inclusive, and transparent open government
I will work to improve:
- Groton’s infrastructure, including roads and snow removal
- Access to high-speed internet
- Availability of community and local business news
I want to hear from you. What issues most concern you? What can we do to help Groton thrive? Please contact me to share your thoughts or to help my campaign.
Email me at KellyInGroton@gmail.com